Hi there, everyone!
Thank you so much for visiting my NEW BLOG! Woo Hoo! I’m so excited to finally have space to share more of my work. I’ve actually been wanting to do this for a long time but being in my first year of photography, I had so many other things on my plate to finish first. Feeling a little more accomplished now that I’ve got this tackled! 🙂
So, you may be wanting to know a little bit about me. My name is Lauren Grigg and I am the one and only photographer at Lauren Grigg Photography, LLC. Here are a few tidbits of info about myself…
1) First and foremost, I am a daughter of the Most High King. I’m very passionate about my faith and it’s the forerunner in my business. I want everything I do, say and capture to glorify Him! That is where the 1 Corinthians 10:31 found in my photography logo comes into play… “ So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” I hope with every single client I work with they experience a little bit of Jesus too. That may sound cheesy to some of you, but it’s all I consider this life to be about and that’s what I want my business to be about too!
2) I’m a sucker for cozy coffee shops. My favorite is Cuppies & Joe in OKC. I’m a big fan. It’s quaint, always filled with fresh flowers, delicious cupcakes and the best iced hazelnut lattes around. Some of my favorite cupcakes include “Mary Poppins” which is a strawberry cupcake with cream cheese frosting and “Bibbity Bobbity Boo” which is a pumpkin cupcake with cream cheese frosting (this one is seasonal). So delicious! I’m also a fan of Hoboken in Guthrie & Aspen in Stillwater. ☕️
3) I love to dance, two-stepping in particular. I discovered this love of mine during my college days in Stillwater. I was all about it and would tear up a dance floor at every opportunity. #GoPokes ????
4) Speaking of college I earned a degree in Nutritional Sciences from OSU. Unfortunately, the degree itself didn’t really pay off for me and the 2 years after I graduated were some of the hardest I’ve ever been through. I dealt with a lot of anger and bitterness because my degree didn’t take me where I hoped it would. Actually, it didn’t really take me anywhere at all. However, looking back if I would have gotten into the field of nutrition, I would NEVER have pursued photography and I can guarantee you, that has been a better fit. I like nutrition but I LOVE creative avenues. God knew what He was doing, learning to trust Him was the hard part. #RefiningMoments
5) I currently work at a church when I’m not taking photographs. It is hands down the best job I’ve ever had (outside of working for myself). I never wake up in the morning dreading my day and that is the biggest blessing! #AnsweredPrayer Though I love it, my biggest dream is to do photography full time someday or continue to do it part time and become a full-time mom, when I decide to have kids that is. We will see.
6) One of my newfound favorite things to do as an adult with my own house is to host dinner parties for my friends. I just hosted “Friendsgiving 2016” this year for a few of my college friends and it was a blast. From planning/setting up table decorations and trying new recipes, I was in Pinterest Heaven. I’ll have to blog about those soon. 🙂
7) If I could do something every day it would be snorkeling. Obviously, being a landlocked Okie that opportunity doesn’t come around very often but I had the opportunity on my honeymoon a little over a year and a half ago and it was the BEST thing! I could have swum around for hours just looking at everything!
8) My favorite food is shrimp. I ask for it every year for my birthday meal. Fried, scampi, coconut crusted… I love it all! If I wasn’t such a home body I would move next to the ocean so I could eat fresh shrimp and snorkel all the time, but I love my family and friends too much!
9) As a somewhat newlywed. I’ve learned paper plates, bowls & plastic cups are my best friend! Dishes are my least favorite chore. Which is sad because I love to cook, I just hate the mess that comes with it. My poor husband has been subject to eating pre-made and portioned meals from Sprout’s Farmer’s Market lately just because I don’t want to dirty up pots and pans! Wish they made those disposable! #InventionIdeaAnyone?
10) Lastly, I’m asking for a mint colored Huffy Cruiser Bike for Christmas this year. I sound like I’m 12 asking for a bike but I think they are so adorable. They even come with a cute basket and a cup holder! #Convenient I may just have to use it for some photography sessions too. It is definitely photograph worthy. ????
There’s a little bit about me. Thanks for reading all the way through! The next post is going to be pretty special, concerning a session I just completed, so stay tuned!